Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by stxhunter
People like to make things complicated.
^^^THIS^^^

I understand where you’re coming from on this. There is much joy to be had in the simple message that through Christ‘s sinless life, death, burial, & resurrection God has reestablished communion with His people! All we must do is see ourselves as we are and that message as “good news” to be included in that group.

I used this analogy earlier in the thread to address this so please forgive the repeat but I think it’s a fair comparison. I have been married to my wife for 21 years. What would it communicate to her if I’d have, after I “kissed the bride”, gone about my life as if that was the extent of my interest in her? Marriage was just the beginning for us; I love my wife dearly and as a result I want to know her better. Out of gratitude I seek to know how I can serve her in a way that makes her feel valued. What would it say about my love for God if I simply said “hey I’m forgiven and going to heaven that’s all I needed thanks”?

Getting in is simple as is staying in; God has done the work, praise His life giving name! But that doesn’t mean there isn’t great and rich complexity underlying it all. That doesn’t mean there aren’t mysteries that can’t be loved and adoringly searched by those grateful souls who have recognized grace for what it is and want to know their Heavenly Father better.

Writing such a desire off with an eye roll, “yeah you just like to complicate things” seems to miss this very important point.