Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
I believe Jesus above everyone else. His Word is too clear to miss for the serious Bible student.

Baptism is like signing a check. If you receive a check in the mail as a gift for no reason, are you working to earn the money if you sign it and cash it?

I've never heard it put that way before.
It's good to hear your point of view. I'm interested your beliefs on this important subject even if we have some different views.
What do you think about this order that Jesus puts things in? I like to picture things and organize them in my mind for understanding. If you were to put things in an order, say first, second, and so forth....(Ie. Gift of the Holy Spirit, salvation, baptism, faith, etc.)
How does this work?
1st.
4th.[/quote]

First, the R C Sproul video would not work for me. I went to see him when he came tp Portland a few years ago. He is a genius.

When I am asked a question I write an essay using God's Word as the Foundation for my answer. Since I have been a Christian for more than forty-six years I had time to write out more than one hundred. That way I can defend my belief from Scripture without getting emotionally involved. Pick a subject I probably have an essay.

Now to your list. Of course this presupposes God's grace. 2 Timothy 2:25 "Perhaps God will grant them repentance."
1. Humility, which leads to
2. Repentance, which leads to accepting Jesus as Lord, which leads to obedience of
3. Baptism, which leads to more obedience resulting in
4. Growing in grace and knowledge, which leads to
5. Enduring, Jesus says, "He who endured to the end will be saved." (Back to "called, chosen, and faithful.") which leads to
6. "Work out your salvation with fear and trembling," Philippians 2:12-13 which leads to
7. Loving God, which leads to obeying the New Testament commands, instructions, injunctions, ordinances,

All this is like cashing a check received as a gift. No working for the gift or earning the gift. Just grateful obedience to the Most High God. Luke 17:10

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter