Originally Posted by WhiteTail48
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by WhiteTail48
Originally Posted by DBT
Belief relating to the god of the bible underwent modifications over time, the god of early OT times is not the same as later times, and quite different to the NT descriptions. People create their gods in the images of their hopes, fears and desires. Which still happens.

Completely wrong! God never changes.

“I am the Lord, I do not change.” Malachi 3:6. Men change, God doesn’t. For 4,000 years, the Jews represent a memorial to the unchanging nature of God.

God has always been, and always will be, and will always remain the same. Men either follow God or follow their own devices.

Jesus is the same yesterday, today, and forever. Hebrews 13:8

That belief about the nature of God changed over time is not wrong. It is there for anyone to see and read. A tribal god, a god of war (verses say this) morphed into a God of Love. There are clear and undeniable differences in the nature of god between books.

To deny this requires cherry picking of verses, ignoring verses that do not conform with one's preferred image of God.

Just keep following your own devices. Atta boy.

It's not about me or what I do. I was talking about the bible and what it says. You turn the focus onto me in order to avoid dealing with what the bible says, a common tactic when it comes to inconvenient truth.