Originally Posted by wabigoon
Then there is the question of a missionary having the flat tire, and never getting to the native village?

I think there is some type of a "Second chance"?

No second chance.

I see a theme with some posts, the theme that its easy to get to heaven.

Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ 23And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

Consider that these guys were equivalent to current day pastors and priest. They were granted power by God to perform miracles and cast out demons. What if your pastor cast out demons and performed miracles in front of your eyes. Would you ever believe they were on the fast track to hell?

Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the way is easy[a] that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many. 14 For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few.

The perception by most is that God is a big huge teddy bear. They haven't read the same Bible as me.