Originally Posted by CCCC
Of course, I have not read and studied it all, but so far I have seen nothing in the Holy Scriptures that charges, or even encourages, a Christian to evaluate the worthiness of another person with regard to his/her status or favor in the eyes of the Lord. How could a person possibly make such judgments about another - how could one begin to make a determination about any elevation of his/her status or worthiness over another person with regard to the living of the Christian life? Do I recall something like "judge not - - -" All such sorting is the realm of the Lord.

That said, it is not difficult to find instances where the faithless, or doubters, or waverers, or professed non-believers feel that they are being viewed or labeled at some lesser level when engaged in discussions or even arguments about Christian elements - especially factors over which humans have no control. Often it is difficult to sort this out - to determine whether or not those injurious perceptions or feelings emanate from personal guilt or assumption of inferiority - rather than from any actual judgment or labeling by others.

Often it is not an easy task for most Christians to convey or relate to others God's expressed expectations, regardless of the sincerity with which it is done. The task seems to become even more difficult if the Christian could be seen as hypocritical, pompous, etc. Add to that the defensive, or guilty, or victimized posture of some non-Christians and the challenge increases.

I never read where God says it will be an easy process - for either.

I can't disagree with your observations. There is a plague within the thinking of Modern Evangelicals and Fundamentalists in general that they are intrinsically or at least through cooperation with God becoming more Holy. This projection has been commonplace over the years that I've been reading religious discussions here.

A lot of posts here imply a level of self righteousness in the posters. If a human becomes righteous in the sight of God through his own efforts it's only reasonable for the people projecting that view to share their progress and tell us specifically what they have done and how they accomplished their claim.