Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by CCCC
Google "dictionary" then type in "faith"
mauserand9mm, thanks, however I did not ask for a definition - seems like I learned that a long time ago. (copied one below for you). For clarity, I asked the poster to provide "proof" of his statement about the way to truth. Have you seen that yet?
Definition of faith
1a : allegiance to duty or a person : b(1) : fidelity to one's promises
(2) : sincerity of intentions 2a(1) : belief and trust in and loyalty to God
(2) : belief in the traditional doctrines of a religion b(1) : firm belief in something for which there is no proof clinging to the faith that her missing son would one day return (2) : complete trust
3 : something that is believed especially with strong conviction especially : a system of religious beliefs the Protestant faith on faith: without question took everything he said on faith
faith verb faithed; faithing; faiths transitive verb archaic: believe, trust

Well the way I see it truth is supported by facts and evidence. Faith has no such reliance, and is devoid of facts and evidence. Believers want faith to be true and can only try and claim facts and evidence, which is actually living a lie. I would qualify onto DBT's statement "Faith is not the way to truth, and leads one away from it"
Thanks for providing the way you see it - although the rationale for your differentiation seems overstated and possibly inconsiderate to a degree. Disagreements of this particular nature seem unsolvable by humans, particularly when they become overtly adamant - which was the driver for my original question to that poster.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron