Originally Posted by IZH27
Random verses and cliches pretty much have no meaning in isolation.
Originally Posted by antlers
The three verses that Jim1611 posted up on this thread clearly have meaning...and a lot of it...in and of themselves. At least to many ‘believers’.
At least to many believers. Maybe. Mostly they were verses that get quoted in isolation so often they they take on their own meaning outside the text.
I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.”

“For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.”

“For by one man's disobedience many were made sinners so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.”

These verses clearly have a lot of meaning, in and of themselves, to many believers. Just as John 3:16 does; they mean what they mean. And they stand on their own. Period. Can others be taken out of context...? Sure.....

A young man wanted to know God’s will, so he opened the Bible randomly and put his finger down on the first verse he saw: “So Judas went away and hanged himself” (Matthew 27:5). Not content with that, the young man flipped through the Bible again and landed on the verse: “Go and do likewise” (Luke 10:37).

The verses that Jim1611 posted stand on their own. Just as John 3:16 does.
You make my point. Random verses and cliches have no meaning to those who don’t believe. It is an ignorant means of communicating a message no matter how sincere the attempt.
But this thread, ‘your’ thread, was clearly “aimed at those who name the name of Christ as important and integral to their life.”

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.