Originally Posted by JSTUART

Interesting.

I believe, and that belief is between God and I.

Furthermore I do not really care if others believe or not, nor do I care about proof of either my belief or what leads to it.

What I DO care about is cunts pushing THEIR beliefs on to me...I won't have it.

I don’t have any more issue with you thinking differently about God and wanting to keep it to yourself than I do with a guy who’d prefer a .270 vs my .30-06... and I don’t mind a good spirited “argument” over which is “best”.

If people are to argue about stuff over which I care not, I don’t participate. If someone wants to tell me I’m wrong for an opinion I hold I engage or don’t engage by choice; no one can force me to read a thread or a post I do so of my own free will.

Everyone has the right to speak. How I respond to them is what’s up to me. I make a decision to engage when I open a thread, or post a comment. That’s on me.

Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by DBT

Fair enough. Your belief is your own business. Nobody has to discuss their belief or their lack of conviction. It's up to the individual.

Be nothing wrong with having you for a neighbour...something that cannot be said for a lot of others.

I completely agree with DBT.

It’s also up to you if you want to discuss your ideas... and even do so in a manner that displays poor taste by my standards... on a public forum. I won’t ever complain.

Again, if I don’t care to participate I don’t open the thread.

Speech is not violence; verbalizing an opinion is not automatically an attempt to convert those who disagree.

Public discussion boards are for public discussion.