Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by DBT
Ever heard of logical contradictions?....where if one claim is true the opposite cannot be true. Brahman in Hinduism is not the same as Yahweh as described in the bible. If one is true, the other must be false...or both are false. Both cannot be true.
Maybe all of them have a lot of truth in them and were pretty similar to begin with. Truth that has been obscured by those that amend the original and sell their version to control, maintain societal stratification, and last but not least cash in and live as a parasite on the masses. I know Hindus and Moslems that accept the teachings of Jesus which is more than several books of the New Testament do in ascribing teachings to Jesus that he never uttered and in fact contradicted. If an atheist reads this long thread and decides to remain an atheist, I understand.

The truth is that the human mind seeks answers...and sometimes fills gaps with imaginative stories when there are no answers.

The truth is, we don't have the answers on how the universe came about, or if it, it may be cyclic or whatever. We don't know, we are in the dark.

Our big list of gods are our attempts at explaining the inexplicable. They all differ enough to be incompatible, Zeus is not Yahweh in disguise, the Rainbow Serpent is not Allah....

Not sure what others think, and I certainly don't understand it all myself, but their may be some merit in Julian Jaynes idea around breakdown of the bicameral mind - where we developed introspective consciousness by a better (?) connection of the function of our brain halves. Before this happened one half of the mind delivered information to the other half that made it appear as coming from another source (ie divine?). Churches and temples with idols and images were used to initiate or enhance the divine sensation.

The breakdown of separation, or connection, was made through the pressure of increasing civilisation group sizes and the complexities of interactions, as is a learned change rather than anything physical - having language also helped pave the way. At this time there was also a perceived abandonment by the gods when the divine went away.

Schizophrenia occurs when these 2 minds separate and maybe somewhat of a legacy from our earlier development.

Last edited by mauserand9mm; 03/22/21.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?