Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by CCCC
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Google "dictionary" then type in "faith"
mauserand9mm, thanks, however I did not ask for a definition - seems like I learned that a long time ago. (copied one below for you). For clarity, I asked the poster to provide "proof" of his statement about the way to truth. Have you seen that yet?
Definition of faith
1a : allegiance to duty or a person : b(1) : fidelity to one's promises
(2) : sincerity of intentions 2a(1) : belief and trust in and loyalty to God
(2) : belief in the traditional doctrines of a religion b(1) : firm belief in something for which there is no proof clinging to the faith that her missing son would one day return (2) : complete trust
3 : something that is believed especially with strong conviction especially : a system of religious beliefs the Protestant faith on faith: without question took everything he said on faith
faith verb faithed; faithing; faiths transitive verb archaic: believe, trust
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
"firm belief in something for which there is no proof" seems a lot like "...a belief held without the support of evidence."So, DBT uses a valid definition of faith, and clarified which one he intended, but somehow you are still arguing this is a valid pathway to truth, or are you arguing for a different definition of faith as a pathway to truth?
I appreciated his post, and I have not argued anything about a definition. If you think I have, please quote my argument. I assume you understand that an ostensible disagreement does not constitute an argument - or, are you looking for one?

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron