Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Originally Posted by IZH27
This is aimed at those who name the name of Christ as important and integral to their life.

If your view of others in relation to your view of God and yourself cause you to view non-believers or those of another religion in such a way that you dehumanize them, see them in a lesser way than you view yourself, your view of God and yourself is in need of a catastrophic immediate evaluation.

I would agree that your assertion applies equally across the board....believers, non-believers, black, white, Asian, atheists, etc ad nauseum. Looking down on others as less than human would not be something that I see Christ doing or wanting us to do.

Enemies are a different matter. 😁

Yes. It certainly does go across the board no matter. I regret that the thread has devolved into a discussion of religion with a few random off topic thoughts thrown in. Contextually this thread wasn't started with the hope of proselytizing or deep discussion on the Christian faith. Thanks for bringing the OP up as a quote in your response. Hopefully it redirects the conversation.

I certainly agree that the dehumanization of others is not a Christian virtue but it certainly seems to be practiced as one. This thread is very instructive in that respect. I think that it is dehumanizing to demean others by such things as name calling, "pukes", "[bleep]", etc. because someone doesn't believe the same things. I think that it is equally dehumanizing to throw up random religious cliches and statements that have no context. Random verses and cliches pretty much have no meaning in isolation. It would seem that respect of the other would require contextualization.

Last edited by IZH27; 03/22/21.