Originally Posted by CCCC
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Starman
Pastor Ray Comforts faith told him the Cavendish
banana (a result of hybridization by man) was designed perfectly that way by his god. Prime example where faith does not lead to truth. Keep the flock ignorant and where you want them.

Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Faith is not the way to truth.
Would you kindly explain how and why that statement is truth?
Faith is a belief held without the support of evidence. Hindus, Muslims, Jews, Christians, etc, etc, have faith in their own version of God or gods and theology, their own 'truth,' but logically they can't all have the truth, what they believe contradicts each other. What is being believed on faith is not necessary true and factual.
Your response is understandable and accurate to some degree - however, you have provided nothing that proves, or even demonstrates, truth in your original statement. It is neither simple, nor easy.
Did you actually read what he wrote?'"Faith is a belief held without the support of evidence."
Yes, I read it and can see what was requested. He offered zero proof, of anything. Kindly explain how you see "proof" in his mere expression of a view "Faith is a belief held without the support of evidence".
Google "dictionary" then type in "faith"
mauserand9mm, thanks, however I did not ask for a definition - seems like I learned that a long time ago. (copied one below for you). For clarity, I asked the poster to provide "proof" of his statement about the way to truth. Have you seen that yet?
Definition of faith
1a : allegiance to duty or a person : b(1) : fidelity to one's promises
(2) : sincerity of intentions 2a(1) : belief and trust in and loyalty to God
(2) : belief in the traditional doctrines of a religion b(1) : firm belief in something for which there is no proof clinging to the faith that her missing son would one day return (2) : complete trust
3 : something that is believed especially with strong conviction especially : a system of religious beliefs the Protestant faith on faith: without question took everything he said on faith
faith verb faithed; faithing; faiths transitive verb archaic: believe, trust

Well the way I see it truth is supported by facts and evidence. Faith has no such reliance, and is devoid of facts and evidence. Believers want faith to be true and can only try and claim facts and evidence, which is actually living a lie. I would qualify onto DBT's statement "Faith is not the way to truth, and leads one away from it"

Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?