Originally Posted by MPat70
Originally Posted by IZH27
Sugar and Vinegar maybe? in some cases. I'd lay it more to the idea that people think that their personal sins are less egregious than the others.

New a girl that was a stripper, slept with anything on two legs, smoked weed & got drunk, cursed like a sailor, but was always in church on Sunday and went off on anyone who used God's name in vain! Was all about how much she loved the Lord and claimed she was a dedicated Christian.

I'm no religious scholar but I personally have different thoughts on being dedicated to Christ.

I know that God is merciful but he is also vengeful (he laid down 10 laws that seem to be pretty cut & dry)

Somewhere, I believe in my first two posts, I referenced a misunderstanding of the purpose of the Law in regards to what it accomplishes. The understanding or mis-understanding would apply to all of the points that you made.

As to the woman that you referenced I'd like to talk to her and find out what jacked up view of "Christianity" had led her to such a life. I'd lay down a thousand dollar bet that she was steeped in either a Charismatic church or a Holiness church. Again, the Law.