Originally Posted by antlers
That's my point. I run across very few people who actually have a problem with Jesus Himself; I run across very few people who actually have a problem with His teachings; and I actually run across very few people who have a problem with Jesus and the necessity of His death burial, and resurrection.

Gotcha; that’s interesting. I have friendships with all kinds of people who object vehemently to their need. Other people maybe... some reject the human condition as conceived by Christianity altogether.

I don’t know anyone inside or outside the visible Church who don’t have a problem with people in the Church. I tend to think that’s part of the reason why God established it; because His project wasn’t merely to make us right with Him but also to build a community of people who’ve been made right with Him and need to work on getting right with each other. And that’s no small endeavor; certainly nothing that is going to be terribly attractive to people who haven’t seen that they’re just as tough to love as you and I are. It isn’t even attractive to us!