Originally Posted by gunner500
Was simply looking for truth, honesty, 'REAL' and proof, Sir, but realizing i had never learned to yield [kneel/beg/worship] i let it go, dont want to be a fake/hypocrite in anything i do, the fighting/hypocrisy here amongst "the believers" didn't help the possible explorative journey either, it's all good though i'll just continue to live to be a good husband, neighbor, son and friend, full well remembering the road to hell is paved with good intentions, we shall see someday.
I understand where you’re coming from, the best I can. And I can’t blame you for feeling as you do about it.
.....and to further muddy the waters, if all this goodness, grace, shed blood, forgiven sins, the book of life, mansions with streets of gold are all joyful and easily available with nothing more than confessing with one's tongue, then why the F all the infighting, bickering, outright hatred etc, etc? it's rabid crazy stuff man.
I think JGR addressed that about as good as it can be said...
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Because humans are involved. Humans will screw up a one car funeral.
So 'man' can/has ruined houses of God because of greed, the flesh, other perversions, and turned many away who were searching for the light...........
Clearly, yes. But thankfully, following Jesus doesn’t mean following His followers. I do think that following Jesus...’not’ His followers, but Him...has as much or more to do with this life as it does the next. I do like some of what these type threads have to offer. I actually learn from them; and not only from some other believers, but from some others period...such as yourself, for example. Seeing things from another’s perspective...believer or not...I’ve found to sometimes be pretty educational and eye-opening. More so than I thought I would. There are some smart guys here, and some insightful guys.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.