As DBT said "If we only knew what actually happened". I would love to be able to see a real time video of what all went on in Jerusalem that week. Jesus rode in a hero on a borrowed donkey and was greeted befitting a hero. He went to the temple to clear out the franchise holders who were shaking down the pilgrims and you can be sure that was a bloody battle with tables turned over stiff resistance from the "merchants" and their temple official sponsors. I am thinking the very short redacted version in the gospels didn't portray what may well have been a full scale riot type of rebellion causing Pilate to brutally put it down with the army. Then we have the strange trial of Jesus where he pleads basically no contest and the judge initially gives a directed verdict of acquittal but then allows the prisoner executed. Pilate desperately wanted to get those Passover Jews out of town and resume normalcy. Pilate obviously understood the motives of the Jewish leadership in wanting Jesus dead. Maybe in the next life we will get to watch the replay of their secret meetings and plotting. I would like to see what went on with Judas' meetings where he first ratted out Jesus and then repented and at the next meeting threw the money down and went out so distraught that he hanged himself.

Last edited by Hastings; 03/22/21. Reason: added word

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."