Originally Posted by Starman
Originally Posted by Hastings
I don't know what all the Deity allows vs. assists. ..
So as Christian you still think theres possibility
Pagan gods provided divine assistance to the
ambitions of Rome?
And to be honest you don't really know if
there was divine intervention on behalf
of Israel.
We can conclude: You know no more about
Israel than you do about Rome concerning
divine intervention.
If there wasn't divine intervention I cannot come up with any other reasonable explanation. I believe the Jews were punished mightily during their centuries long dispersion all over the world as a lesson to them and the world. This culminated in the bloody 20th century with 3 final solutions attempted in the space of 20 years by 3 powerful enemies. First the Germans, next the British in Palestine, and finally by the combined forces of the Moslem nations representing millions and millions of blood thirsty Arabs. Tell me how a bunch of ill equipped but very determined refugees were able to throw the combined Moslem armies into confusion and rout them without Divine help. There is nothing like it in the history of the world. I was 14 years old when the 67 war broke out. We listened to the dire news from the Middle East every night. It was going to be a bloodbath. The U.S. did not have time or ability to send help or material. Next thing we .knew Israel had destroyed Syria's Russian air for force and captured the Egyptian Army. They were headed to Cairo to finish off the Egyptians when the U.S. and Russia reined them in.
Now for this present time the Jewish nation no larger than some U.S. counties prospers among enemies. They have delivery systems for their nuclear weapons which all the world knows they will use, Jews control the finance of the world. The situation as it exists today was prophesied over 2000 years ago. Now you tell me how a miniscule fraction of the world human population came into the position they are in.

All that said you will not tell what you believe about the creation of our universe. It is not my business but if you would be so kind please tell us. I can assure you I will be respectful as I admit I don't know it all, not even close.

Last edited by Hastings; 03/27/21. Reason: spelling correction

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."