Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by IZH27
“...the essence of Christianity.”
What is it, in your estimation...?
I'm not going to attempt to address a snippet of a quote from a post of mine. No context there.
You referred to “the essence of Christianity” here...
I agree with much of what you have observed having observed it and seen the impact of that mentality. I don't believe that such things are examples of Christianity but rather examples of moralism and legalism, neither of which is the essence of Christianity.
I’m asking you, in your estimation, what is “the essence of Christianity...?”
Again. You post a response of mine to another post yet I can't read the other post to contextualize my response.
Is “the essence of Christianity” different, in your estimation, depending upon the context in which it was referred to by you...? Or is “the essence of Christianity”, in your estimation, always the the same, regardless of the context in which it was referred to by you...? Basically, regardless of anything else, I’m asking you what, in your estimation, is “the essence of Christianity”...?

The essence of Christianity? If God is unchanging the message of the Gospel is unchanged from the beginning of Genesis to the end of Revelation. The essence of Christianity is found in John 3:16. However, That passage, taken in context is descriptive and not prescriptive. There is a lot behind that conversation but it's not subject matter for this thread.