Originally Posted by renegade50
My Rico and Cookie buck from last year.
Buried Rico the day before in the pouring rain remnants of a hurricane and had buried Cookie 32 days prior.
It was a very rough month for me.
The morning i took Rico to the vets was a really difficullt out of the blue decision I was not prepared for 1 bit.
Liver and pancreatic cancer, same thing his mom sweet heart died of 2 yrs prior.
She was 11
Rico just turned 9
Just wanted to be in the woods and do some thinking and greiving/ crying about my 2 dogs and how it all was tied together.
Rico sandbagged his cancer for me and Cookies sake .
Then 2 days after Cookie died and Rico,s role model was no longer around he started markedly going downhill.
Both were rock star dogs in my life.
Talk to em every night when I take Blackjack ( Rico,s dad) out to pee before bed.

By far not my best buck ever...

But one with alot of meaning associated with it to me.

I made a thread last year on the oct 11 the day it all went down from walking in to area 30 in the morning dark to this truck pic.
As it all went down....

Pics or it never happened......

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I understand , everyone has a story , A lot of the memories reflect your frame of mind and things that were going on in your life .

I have the first deer my son shot when he was 12 , scagly 8 point probably didn't even score 100 points but its mounted on the wall .

Last edited by Rick n Tenn; 07/25/21.