Originally Posted by DouginAlaska
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Not particularly easy hunting without a dog:

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

But I managed to get one COCK that day. A Washington California quail.

Posted that pic of the 870 20g before on a thread involving the Paddler dude to show him one didn't need a multi thousand dollar Perazzi to get birds.

And best of all, the shotgun was won at a Friends of the NRA banquet in Juneau. Only cost me..................well, let's not say. grin

Get a dog for crying out loud!

Back then I was living in an RV, working sometimes 28-32 days in a row on a boat/barge combo, home every 4th night, then back out again in the morning. No way to have a dog then.

Now, we have three. But they're coursing dogs, not bird dogs. I was looking into a versatile hunting dog when the opportunity came up to get a dog from some excellent lines, right before The Corona hit and screwed up training, racing, and showing him.

Dandee, the newest, is in the middle

They think they are bird dogs, but they don't point worth a crap. See the bird and race after it.

Maybe when the old girl in the front says goodbye, she's 14 now I think, I might get a hunting dog. I've wanted one for a long time. My wife has recently said she's getting ready for a lab, the whippets are trainable, but not like a lab. wink

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?