Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by Region6
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by Region6
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I know that rifle.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

🦫

Damn fine looking 71, If I could only have one it would be the 71.

There’s an unbelievable story to this rifle. It was my Dad’s. It was stolen, along with several other rifles and shotguns from my older brothers house when I was 14 years old.

I got a call almost 40 years to the day they were stolen by a cop in Gresham, Oregon telling me the Model 71 was located at a reputable gun shop where the owner had wanted to put it for sale on consignment.

GS had to run a check on the serial # before taking it in to sell - found it was stolen, called the police. I eventually ended up with the rifle. Both my dad and brother were dead.

The guy who had the 348 claimed he’d bought it years ago from another person. Put it in his closet, never used it and was now too old to hunt, so he started selling off his wares.

Dude was pissed that the rifle came up as stolen - he tried to fight for ownership, but I was having none of it. Cops surrendered the Model 71 to me.

None of the other firearms have ever resurfaced...This rifle was the only firearm I had hoped would show up. Like you said, if I could only have one. It would be a Mod 71 348 Winchester.

🦫

There it is… pretty epic actually

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.