Originally Posted by T_Inman
I've never been around whippets at all. I'd imagine that like with anything else their personality and trainability is all about the breeding huh? The endurance, stamina and whatever else could be the breed itself, but not necessarily the breeding, huh?

I do luv me some labs.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Breeding helps in the stamina department for sure. Not sure about trainability. We're dog folks of the " most any dog is trainable" ilk. Yes, there's the odd dumbbell, box of rocks upstairs dogs, but for the most part we can work with about anything. I especially love mutts!

But yes, breeding matters for specialty things.

Ribbons from three different dogs on this wall, most are from performance events like Obedience, Rally, Agility and Coursing. Mostly my wife's doing. That's from a few years back (2014?) so there are more now shocked

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Whippets are not known for being bidable, like a lab or herding breed. But, as evidenced by the above they can be trained. The ribbons are from two whippets and my lovely Valentine. Valentine at the head of the line, then Katie who is still with us, and then Jasmine my wife's first whippet.

Jasmine, who could have done well in the show ring, but hated it and so did my wife. Backstabbing sunsabishes in that doggie crowd I tell you! She ended up with multiple titles in performance events. Sorry for the picture of a picture but I don't know where the disc is with the developed photo from a point and shoot 35mm camera!

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?