If you ever get time in the spring, AZ weather is usually pretty nice. Have had an inch or two of snow where we hunt at 4000'-5000' feet or so, and some rain, but usually pretty nice.

LONG trip down there for me, even longer for you.! My friend the outfitter is usually so busy during antelope, deer, elk and sheep seasons they don't get to do much family and friend camp stuff. He sets up his trailer for archery javelina season and leaves it, gives clients the recommendation to put in for that unit, and family and friends get tags and camp there too. It's more like a traditional deer/elk camp for them. He's lived in/guided/hunted that unit for 40 years maybe and knows where to find them. I go just for the fun and camaraderie besides getting to hunt in some cool areas.

Try it sometime, you'll like it. And when properly cared for, the meat is like farm raised pork. There's just not much of it on a critter that usually dresses out at 30-45lbs.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?