Originally Posted by T_Inman
Alright Geno...I edited it.

I am not worried one bit about folks on this board competing with me for my spots but your point is taken. Maybe you could edit your post too, which also gives my secret away!

Beer thirty!

Jeebus Creepers. I was joking. But, I'll edit mine too.

Some here know those things, others wouldn't do it even if known, Guess I should have put a big smiley face thing there or something.

It's like renegade mentioning some of the little places he goes, no one else wants to do the little work necessary.

I think it's cool you (and some others) do that stuff to get into places others won't go.

Kind of like hiking in and up from the road looking for elk, still hunting through the thick junipers (no driving in and road hunting up there) at one of my favorite places. Others do it sometimes, as I've found evidence of kills up in the saddle,

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

and I ran across a pair of guys walking from the North once, but it gets very little traffic on top. Found 3-4 satellite bulls up there during archery season on year, and stalked within 10-15 yards, but of course.........................I had a cow tag.

And, as evidenced by this, they were still using the area in 2019. (Trigger stick for scale)

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Getting out of the truck and walking/hiking in/crossing streams or rivers is part of the fun of hunting for me.

Unlike you though T, I don't think I'm doing a bivy with wet boots and a space blanket! Maybe for a ram like yours I might change my mind, but I'm mostly past that age. Damn, the arthritis is killing me just thinking of doing that now!

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I don't think giving up secrets like crossing a river is going to hurt much, as those that won't do that.............won't do that.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?