Originally Posted by BC30cal
All:
Good morning and thanks so much to all who've kept this most grand of threads going.

As the father of now adult daughters, I can say with certainty that the hours spent afield with them absolutely shaped their lives in a positive way.

Even if your children don't continue to hunt, fish or recreate in the outdoors as adults, it shapes their worldview and understanding of where food comes from.

Anyways kudos for making the effort to take kids afield as it's not easy or simple - that I know for sure.

We started early.

[Linked Image]

Wood cutting day meant Blues for supper that day.

[Linked Image]

Both my wife and I worked, so we'd swap the school Pro-D days off from our own jobs. This was my day to have the kids midweek, so we went hunting!

[Linked Image]

Years ago here, then member Dober asked the question what was our most memorable hunt. I posted this photo and said that moment had never been topped, not by a California Bighorn, decent whitetail and mulies, first bear, moose - all of them paled in comparison to the girls getting their first bucks within 15yds and about 15 seconds of each other! I doubt I'll ever experience it's equal! cool

[Linked Image]

Dwayne

Luv'n it.