Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Let me through a monkey wrench into this thread and introduce another passage that contains the answer to this riddle.

Mt 5:17-18

17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
1. Jesus came to fulfill the law and the prophets (Old Testament Prophesy)
2. But "Heaven and Earth" must pass before one jot or tittle of the law (Mosaic Law of the Jews) can pass away.
3. Is the Old Testament Law of Moses still in force and unfulfilled, or has "Heaven and Earth" passed and all Old Testament prophecy has been fulfilled? Can't have it both ways. It is an either or!

I think you are looking at it wrong because of language differences. The way I interpret the passage is that Jesus is saying that the law is as strong as the Heaven and earth,and that just as long as the heavens and earth stand the law will stand till all be fulfilled. It's the "till all be fulfilled" part that we need deal with.

Jesus fulfilled all the law. He fulfilled it by keeping it. Jesus was the only man ever without sin ,so the only man ever to keep all the law. That old covenant of law is done away with now and we are under the new covenant of grace. I can provide scriptures that speak of the law being done away with and replaced by grace if you aren't familiar with them.