Originally Posted by Starman
Jesus is the appointed conduit that the supreme Father operates through.

The universe was created by the Father through the Son

Hebrews 1:2
http://biblehub.com/hebrews/1-2.htm
( The Inheritance Jesus received is dependent on the Father bestowing it upon him.)

One finds their way to be under the Fathers roof only through the Son.

John 14:6
"Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me"

John 14:2-4
" 2 My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to
prepare a place for you?
3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.
4 You know the way to the place where I am going.”

Hebrews 1:3
"The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word.
After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven".

^^Interesting that Jesus is at the right hand of 'the Majesty'..which suggests supreme to the Son.

Hebrews 1:8-9 goes on to say...

8 But about the Son he says,
Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever; a scepter of justice will be the scepter of your kingdom.
9 You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness; therefore God, your God, has set you above your companions
by anointing you with the oil of joy.”

^^God the Son has a higher God, The Father refers himself as 'the God' of the Son of God.
How could Jesus receive his inheritance unless a higher God had supreme authority to grant him such?

Matthew 25:34
“Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance,
the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world.

^^ Jesus is fully fledged King through his inheritance, yet he says blessings still come from the Father.

Matthew 16:27
"For the Son of Man is going to come in his Father’s glory with his angels, and then he will reward each person
according to what they have done".

Matthew 25:31
“When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne."

^^ Jesus is King on his inherited Throne, but comes not in his own glory, but is representative of the glory
of the Father, suggesting he is still in service to his Father/The Majesty.

Good post Starman. Dang I feel I should apologize for the way I responded to you in another "religious" thread.....something about everyone who ever sinned being blotted out of the book of life. We'll have to agree to disagree on that one but you are not the unserious nut I thought you were.......maybe! laugh

What you are dealing with in those scriptures is the concept of the Holy Trinity which is pretty much above human understanding, or at least above mine. Take Phillipians Chap 2. There it says that God (Elohim) exalted Jesus (implying a superior subordinate relationship like you describe) by giving him a name above all names and that every tongue would confess that Jesus is "Lord". Lord is the English word for Adonai, one of Yahweh's names from the Old Testament. Isaiah said that only Adonai is to be worshiped.

Then you run into John 1:1 "In the beginning was the word and the word was Elohim and the word was with Elohim. Elohim another OT name of God translated into English as "God".

Then there is 1 Timothy 2:5 "There is one Elohim and one Mediator between Elohim and man, the Man Jesus....who John said was Elohim, but who is also a man who mediates between Elohim and man.

Best I can tell, Jesus is subordinate to God, Jesus is God, and Jesus is a man. How can he be all those things? I DON"T KNOW! That is where faith comes in.

We have not even discussed the Rodney Dangerfield of the Trinity.......the Holy Spirit.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn