Originally Posted by 340boy
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by 340boy

In the beginning there was the Word (the Word is Jesus)....Jesus is God. God and Jesus are one.

This!

Nice assertion without evidence.

Antelope,
The Bible is quite sufficient evidence, if you approach it without bias and with an open-mind. It is the best selling book in history for reason. I realize that you are a skeptic, and I respect that. Also, I appreciate your respect to others on this thread-I'm not much of an apologist, or skilled in debate-but I hope you will be respectful with me just the same.[/quote]

340boy,

I'd be happy to join you in a civil debate.

Perhaps this is where you and I differ,

I will not accept a source making extraordinary claims just on the word of the writer. I'm especially skeptical of anonymous sources. One of the great difficulties of the texts we know as the 4 Gospels is they are all anonymous. They were NOT written by Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John, and we have no signed original copies (the preceding quote of course being from John, the last, and most different of the Gospels) . The oldest actual fragment we have of any gosphel (Papyrus P52) is likely dated to the 3rd century, and no complete manuscripts dated before the 4th century. As a result, there's significant room for doubt, especially when you consider the extraordinary nature of the claims being made.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell