I was stationed at MCAS New River back in the early 1980s. One day, when coming out of church and heading to the parking lot, a young man approached me and my family and asked me if I knew that the second coming of Christ and the resurrection had already occurred. I played along, but rolled my eyes at my wife with a smile. He offered me a few brochures and the Parousia book by Russell in paper back. I thanked him and went home and put that book on my book shelf and never gave it a second thought.

Years later, and after five duty station changes, I ended up in Oklahoma City at my final duty station on Christmas Eve of 1996. As we were unpacking some boxes I came across that book. Over the next few months I began reading it, with an open Bible, and my eyes were opened as the truth about the subject flooded over me.

I shared the book with one of my spiritual brothers, and he too was engulfed in the truth. Years later, I shared it with my wife, and my most spiritual son, and he has embraced the obvious truth as well.

The bottom line is that when the student is ready, the teacher will come. I have since made contact with a brother in Christ here in Oklahoma by the name of Dr. Don Preston. He is the #1 subject matter expert and world wide debater on the topic, and he receives my financial support, because I see it as the answer to middle east peace. I don't make it a matter of faith, and I resigned as a Sunday school teacher at church because the elders were becoming uncomfortable with my teaching. I am not looking to split the church over this, but if one wants to learn the absolute and objective Scriptural teaching on this subject, I could not recommend a better place to start than with Russell's book. On Preston's website, you can access his vast library of books as well. He has been a prolific writer on the subject.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee