I have a hard time following much of this stuff. To be sure, I believe that God exists. If we made up God, then we have made up any moral rules, and there would be no absolutes, only whims. Society could not exist based on everyone’s whims.

But I have a hard time following the abstruse parts of some Christian philosophy. Here’s why.

If those who do not believe in Christ must serve infinite life sentences of cruel punishment, then (obviously) God wants us to believe in Christ.

But if God wants us to believe in Christ, then why hasn’t God told us anything or given us any unambiguous sign that would cause us to believe in Christ for 2000 years now? No sign. Nothing.

God is supposed to be all powerful. God could easily SAY SOMETHING that all could hear. But God does not. God is silent.

Now some say that we should believe in Christ on faith. But why say that? If someone who spent every day with Jesus for a couple of years, like the Apostle Thomas, could doubt the resurrection until shown proof, how can we be criticized if 2000 years later we doubt it, we who have never seen Jesus in the flesh? Let alone the billions of Moslems, Jews, Hindus, Budhists (spelling?), and atheists.

Doesn’t God want to help THEM to believe in Christ?

Is God deliberately withholding the proof that Jesus is the Christ, knowing that such an action would condemn billions to eternal punishment? Such a thing would be deliberate obstruction of justice.

Jesus was obviously a good and dedicated person. After he died, something happened that upset the prior beliefs of a heckuva lot of people. And a Jewish Roman citizen named Paul went around to the largest cities of the eastern Roman Empire and said something that caused thousands of sophisticated Romans to throw out the religion of their ancestors and take up that of Paul. That’s amazing.

But I think too many Christians get tangled up in their underwear when they try to split hairs. Worry about doing good, not about Hell.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.