Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
RH . . . The second coming of Jesus (the judgment) is prophesied in the Old Testament Scripture. If Jesus has not yet fulfilled that second coming, then the entire law of Moses is still in effect. If not, why not?

Why do you think the law of Moses is tied to the second coming and still in effect?

Hebrews 8 pretty much outlines the removal of the old covenant and establishing of the new,Jesus serving as the new high priest. Hebrews 10 also speaks of Jesus as the high priest. Verse 9 of Heb.10 speaks of taking away the first covenant to establish the second.

There are many things you need to understand about the old covenant and if you understood those things you would know that it has to be done away with. Under that covenant you could not have received the Holy Spirit. It's all outlined in the book of Hebrews.

My point is this . . . The second coming of Christ in judgment is prophesied in the Old Testament. Many today believe the second coming of Christ (in judgment) is still future. If that is the case, then the entire Old Testament prophecy is not yet fulfilled, and thus not one jot or one tittle has passed from the Mosaic Law, and the so-called Jews in modern day Israel are justified in attempting to keep the Law.

But, we know from Mt 5:17 that Jesus came to fulfill the Law, and replace it with his Gospel, the Law of Christ. But before the Old Law could be done away with, it had to be totally fulfilled, including the second coming of Christ in judgment, which he did in AD 70 when he returned in judgment on Israel and Jerusalem, and totally obliterated the physical vestures of the Mosaic economy (ie. the Temple, the genealogical documents of the tribe of Levi which set the official Mosaic priesthood, the Arc of the Covenant, the table of show bread, Aaron's budding rod, etc.)

Also, let me comment on Heb 8:13

13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

Hebrews was written shortly before AD70. Note the author says the old law was "ready to vanish away," which it would in its entirety at the fall of Jerusalem in AD70.

I don't take Matthew 5 to mean that all the OT prophesy has to be fulfilled,just what Jesus said that the law would not pass away until the law be fulfilled. Jesus certainly fulfilled the law. I do not think the second coming has been yet. When it is I expect to meet him in the clouds,alive or dead, and ever be with the Lord just as Thess.says.

And every eye shall see him return in that cloud of glory, even those who pierced him.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin