Interesting debate. The Book of John seems to be taken at face value by many. Sorta like there were no other "Book of " written then that countered what the 4 Gospels taught. The Protestant Churches hang their entire faith and belief on the 4 Gospels, especially John, while other Christian Churches such as many Orthodox Churches do not. So who is right?????
I have an idea but I'm not sticking my neck into that noose. LOL Some of the Rabbinical Jews teach that Paul was made up by the Rabbi Jews and sold to the Christian churches, heck if I know how much truth is in that............many teach that John was the second witness against Jesus and paid the price for his treason in which John seems to admit that in his book.
There is one thing I do know, communism, like Lucifer, after many years of failure figured out that you catch more Flies with honey and less with [bleep], so, they changed their tactics and embrace Christianity, are pro family, and on and on. Lucifer also embraces Christianity knowing that a glass of pure water with one drop of poison in it contaminates the whole glass.
One group of Christians teach that Thomas was correct while another group teaches that John is. One is contaminated. Who or whom, becomes the question and in my opinion ( for what its worth) this is the million dollar question. One is the broad path, the other the narrow.
Many will want to argue that this is all just rubbish and such and such said this in the Bible. Fine. Believe what you will. I prefer that the box I live in has plenty of huge windows, no door, and no roof. I want to be furnished with all of the writings/teachings, especially the original texts that argue both sides of the debate so that I can make up my own mind what is true and what is tainted. Discernment is one of the gifts the Holy Spirit gives you. There are lots of primrose paths being taught and preached as the truth....................Lucifer was the Angel Light and the most "Subtle" so it would behoove us to pay an enormous amount of attention to that word "subtle" and "Angel of Light" and less to "the Bible says this" or my " Teacher in seminary school" said this.

Carry on. smile

Last edited by K22; 12/20/17.