Originally Posted by Gus
k22, your perspective certainly sheds light on the overall subject. there's the book of enoch, while it does exist, it's not widely accepted by the rank & file. other books too. it comes down to belief. and there's nothing wrong with that.

Thanks Gus. That is all I'm trying to do.

I do agree with you 100% concerning Enoch. Not trying to sound vain, but I have all of the apocrypha books and have studied them, some more than others, I'm human. LOL Lots of talk about the Gospels and Paul on here, so who has read the apocrypha books some of the Gospel writers wrote? The Acts of Paul for starters or maybe the Apocrypha of Peter. There's always the Book of Thomas which was important to those Christians in what is now India/Turkey, Russia, a lot of the Celts, some of the Scandinavian countries also.
The Book of Enoch that Gus mentioned maybe one of the most important books in my opinion. That and the Book of Jasher. Want to know what really happened before the flood, what is coming in the last days, read Enoch. He wrote the book strictly for those living in the last days. He says so in his first paragraph of the book. Enoch was one of a very small group who got out of here alive. Never tasted death. That makes him kind of special I would think. Jesus quoted Enoch around ten times with Jude quoting him 1 time. Who was the first to call Jesus the "son of man" ? Enoch.

It looks to me like Christians would rather wrestle with flesh and blood ignoring completely the principalities, the rulers of darkness of THIS WORLD, becoming oblivious to spiritual wickedness in high places. If that isn't true, then Ephesians 6:12 is not being fully interpretatived and understood. If it was, I doubt if the conversation/debate in this thread wouldn't be going.