Originally Posted by Tom264

For ever and ever is a segment of time..

Scripture has numerous examples of 'forever'' being applied , but meaning only
for as long as the situation lasted in each specific case.

Jonah 2:6, mentions forever, which turns out to be 3 days and 3 nights.

If one no longer has a place , then one cannot be in a place of eternal torment.....
Psalm 37:10
"For yet a little while and the wicked shall be no more; Indeed, you will look carefully for his place,
But it shall be no more ."

ultimately, Satan will be destroyed, and be no more...
Ezekiel 28:18-19
18 "By your many sins and dishonest trade you have desecrated your sanctuaries
So I made a fire come out from you,and it consumed you,and I reduced you to ashes on the ground
in the sight of all who were watching.
19 "All the nations who knew you are appalled at you; you have come to a horrible end and will be no more.’”

ultimately, the 2nd death crowd will also be destroyed....

n]MALACHI 4:1-3 (NIV)

"1. Surely the day is coming; it will burn like a furnace. All the arrogant and every evildoer will be stubble,
and the day that is coming will set them on fire,” says the Lord Almighty. “Not a root or a branch will be left to them.
2 But for you who revere my name, the sun of righteousness will rise with healing in its rays. And you will go out
and frolic like well-fed calves.
3 Then you will trample on the wicked; they will be ashes under the soles of your feet
on the day when I act,
” says the Lord Almighty."

Matthew 7:13
" Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction,
and many there be which go in thereat."

Ezekiel 18:4
" Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine:
the soul that sinneth, it shall die".

Romans 6:23
"23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

PSALMS 37:38
http://biblehub.com/psalms/37-38.htm

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.