Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by WhiteTail48
Originally Posted by Starman
Well, some have claimed Jesus is fully God, yet to me the only one than can be fully God( in every respect)
is the one supreme Father/Majesty who has power and authority over all , including over his Son, the Holy Spirit and the Angels.

Glory, blessings, mans gift-inheritance, the angels and holy spirit, the saviour son and the home Jesus prepares for the saved,
comes from the Father not Christ.

Jesus is equal to God, and to deny that Jesus is fully God denies Jesus altogether. There is no hope for eternal life unless you believe that Jesus is the Lord God Almighty, the I AM. John 8:24

Jesus Himself claimed to be God. That claim was what made the Pharisees so angry. In John 8:58 he said, "Before Abraham was born, I am!"

"For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one." I John 5:7

Seventh Day Adventists (and others) do not believe that Jesus is fully God, but that He is just a part, 1/3, of God (one of 3 beings who together make up one Godhead group). They separate the Father from the Son from the Holy Spirit, and they separate the persons of the Godhead.

The Biblical truth is that there is only one Being, only one God (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit) who is the creator, source, and sustainer of all creation.

1 John 5:7 is highly questionable. It doesn't appear in any version before about 1500. It's only found in a few Greek manuscripts written at least a millennium after the event and half of those have it as a note in the margin. Many scholars believe that it was a note added by some over zealous scribe and doesn't belong in the text. It's been dropped in many of the later versions or at least flagged as questionable. The NIV, for example, has it footnoted that it's not found in any Green manuscript prior to the 16th century.

That said, I agree that Jesus is fully God, the I Am.

Regardless of how humans try to define the relationship,the Father,Son and Holy Spirit are One. To be born again is to become one with the One. I find it very interesting from a philosophical view point;that the only way to become one with the One is to give up faith in self and place complete faith in the One. I also find it interesting that man,created in God's image is also three parts that are one.

Man is Spirit, soul, and body. The Spirit being the eternal part of us that must be born again,that part which died with Adam's sin but which is reborn into the image of Jesus when we are saved. The soul being our mind,will,and emotions.which are to be renewed, or reprogrammed in today's language, to God's way of thinking by studying His word and spending time with Him. The body,which is simply the housing of our Spirit and soul,has all it's desires and needs and is constantly trying to take control over the Spirit for dominance.

I think that if we don't understand that we are a Spirit,we have a soul,and we live in a body,we can fully understand many things the scriptures speak of.

Last edited by R_H_Clark; 12/19/17.