Originally Posted by SU35
This claim is not in any way as clear as you believe.

And you base your own opinion on, what?

I have based everything on God's Word, what scripture says overwhelmingly about Christ being God.

What about Paul the Apostle was he not clear?

Paul acknowledges Christ as GOD....Titus 2:13 "looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great GOD and Savior JESUS CHRIST.

JOHN 14:28 ~ JESUS SAYS THE FATHER IS "GREATER"

Jesus here is speaking to His disciples on the eve of His crucifixion…

John 14:28
“You have heard Me say to you, ‘I am going away and coming back to you.’ If you loved Me, you would rejoice because I said, ‘I am going to the Father,’ for My Father is greater than I.”

Jehovah Witness: “Look at that Charlie! Jesus says right here that his Father is “greater” than him (Jn. 14:28). You keep saying Jesus is equal in nature with the Father; but that contradicts what Jesus himself said!”

Well, once again we need to look a bit more closely at the word in question in the original Greek. The Greek word for “greater” in John 14:28 is the word meizon. This word is a quantitative term, not a qualitative term. Let me explain.

– A quantitative term describes quantities, levels, positions, etc.
– A qualitative term describes qualities, character, nature.

When I say, “The amount of water in this glass is greater than the water in that glass,” I’m speaking quantitatively. I’m not saying that the water in this glass is better than the water in that glass.

When Jesus spoke of His Father being “greater” than Him (John 14:28), He was speaking quantitatively (as the word meizon implies). Jesus was referring to His Father’s position, not His nature. He was not saying His Father was better than Him or more worthy of worship. That would contradict what the Bible says elsewhere.

For instance, notice what Hebrews 1:3 says. Speaking of Jesus, it says:

Hebrews 1:3
“He [Jesus] is the radiance of His glory [God the Father’s] and the exact representation of His nature."

Jesus is absolutely equal in nature to God the Father. But in John 14:28, while Jesus was here on the Earth having “emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant” (Phil. 2:7), having been made for “a little while lower than the angels” (Heb. 2:9), it was completely appropriate to speak of His Father being greater than Him (positionally). He was not saying that the Father was better than Him in character or in nature.

Here’s an analogy that might help. The President is greater than us in position of authority. But in nature he is absolutely equal with us, isn’t he? We are all 100% homosapien.

Here’s another analogy. Children are absolutely equal in nature with their parents (we’re all humans). But children can rightly speak of their parents holding a higher office. The fact that the parents are greater in their position of authority does nothing to negate the fact that their children are perfectly equal to them in nature.

And the same is true with Jesus’ statement there in John 14:28. When it comes to Jesus and the Father’s nature, Jesus said...

John 10:30
“I and the Father are one."

They are so identical in nature, Jesus told Philip in John 14:9...

John 14:9
“He who has seen Me has seen the Father.”

Scholarship.

Perhaps you would like to educate yourself on the subject.

Here's a decent primer for the layman:

https://www.amazon.com/Lost-Christi...keywords=lost+christianities+bart+ehrman

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell