Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
"God said nothing? For starters, Jesus rose from the dead to save us all."

You missed my point. I grant you that that occurred. Also I pointed out how Paul converted a bunch of worldly Romans from their age-old religion to what was considered to be a Jewish sect. Hard to believe that if all Paul said ws what christians preach today. But my point was...what similar thing did God do since then?

I quoted Jesus when he said that no further sign would be given. We have what we have. But how much do you need? He died for you. Isn't that enough?

Assuming Jesus actually said that, and it wasn't inserted by some author to rationalize why no further sign actually was given, why SHOULD no further sign be given? Don't Jesus and/or God want non-believers, Moslems, etc. to be convinced? If not, why punish them for not being convinced?

No further sign is like putting one speed limit sign on the turnpike when you enter a state, instead of putting up periodic reminders. Makes no sense. The objective is NOT to arrest 90% of the drivers for speeding. It's to get 90% of them to drive within the speed limit.

Think how easy it would be (or should be) for someone who can create the whole universe to convince billions of people to believe in Christ.

Indy
I don't mind the kinds of questions you are asking at all. They seem to be honest questions from someone willing and wanting to hear an answer.

I believe that the reason that Jesus doesn't fly around in the clouds or do something equally spectacular so that everyone would have no choice but to believe,is because it is that very choice that is the thing that is most necessary. I believe that without making that choice to believe in something beyond what you can absolutely prove,it would be impossible to be saved. It is that very force of faith in the invisible God that is able to transform a human Spirit from death to life,from being separated from God to being one with God.

I have also found and witnessed many times a very awesome thing. When a man starts honestly,and with an open heart,looking for God,really seeking with his whole heart,God shows up. That person has an encounter with God. It isn't always the same,and telling of it mostly wouldn't convince a skeptic,but that person is convinced beyond any shadow of a doubt,so much so that it completely transforms their entire life. Billions all around the world have experienced this,for thousands of years,and millions are experiencing it right now. That my friend is an awesome amount of proof.