Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by Clarkm
Originally Posted by Sheister

I realize you will find this fascinating, but one or two scopes aren't a reliable sample to determine reliability of a manufacturer....

I have (50) Leupolds and only (1) failure. That was my fault for building a cantilevered [diving board] scope base that shook the reticle out. Leupold sent me a new scope.

Compare that to the trouble I have had with my
(1) USO, manufactured wrong, adjustable objective off by 180 degrees in the double pitch threads... they fixed for free
(1) B&L manufactured wrong, the 4x12x40 made with misaligned lenses
(2) Burris, (1) runs down battery
(6) IOR, (1) has a turret failure
(1) Zeiss Conquest has a 12X BCD reticle in a 15X scope, and US customer support that just keeps asking me with weight of my bullet, so they can run their computer program
(5) SWFA (1) manufactured wrong, the 20X made with misaligned lenses...they offered me a trade in. I told them it would be morally wrong to let them to sell it again.

Maybe you just don't know what a failure is.

Or maybe you need to run thousands of rounds through them, carry them in a scabbard on horseback or drag them across mountains, you know, because mountains are harder on scopes than swamps, rocky creek beds, woods and the high desert.

Of course there are those that have failures but have no clue they are experiencing a failure

Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
. I shoot more than a box a year and have never had a failure. Though I doubt I have a round count of over 500 on any of them. I also have some Leupold made Redfields that have been great. None have adjusted precisely getting them zeroed, but have been 100% reliable once there. VX-2 and below.

Last edited by jwp475; 06/09/21.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first