Originally Posted by Willto
What I need in a scope is to hold zero

I also must be the luckiest SOB on earth because I have owned 6 Leupolds and never had one that I had trouble sighting in or that would lose it's zero. And yet you come here and get the impression that the Leupold failure rate is about 85%. LOL! I particularly like the stories by the guys who had 6 of them crap out on them. Hmmm, you had 4 scopes of a particular brand turn out to be unusable pieces of chit and yet you still purchased a 5th and a 6th made by the same people? Seems kinda odd. I think I would have bailed on them after number 2 failed. Me thinks I detect the faint whiff of bullchit in some stories like that.

Originally Posted by Willto
Originally Posted by mathman
About holding zero, how much do you shoot in a year?

There is a rather large old gravel pit on my families land where I can shoot out to a little over 300 yards. I don't carry a round count diary with me when I go shoot so I can't give a specific number. I also own many centerfire rifles (including a lot of WW2 surplus rifles) so my trips to go shoot involve a number of rifles and pistols. But I probably put an average of about 4 boxes through each of my rifles a year. Some more, some less but that would be about the average.

I’ve had several Leupold scopes fail to hold zero. And FYI they were not purchased one after another when a failure occurred. I owned several simultaneously, and they failed individually over time. Eventually I got tired of it and replaced the majority of them. These were on hunting rifles that I practiced with, not target or match rifles.

Your annual round count per rifle may explain the lack of failures to hold zero (assuming your rifles are treated nicely and not banged around); 80 rounds is less than some people put through a rifle in half a day.