Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Originally Posted by mathman
I wonder if some who consider me a Leupold hater actually have and use fewer Leupold scopes than I do.

Yeah, I'm no hater. I've just experienced enough Leupold failures that I won't use them until I'm darn sure that things have changed.

The old adage comes to mind: "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

BC grizzly, black bear, elk and moose, Alberta black bear, African serval to Cape buffalo, US multiple elk, deer and hogs without an issue with hundreds down the bores. Awaiting a go for this years BC hunt moved from last year for goat, elk and moose, 16 days on horseback with my Remington M700 rebore 338-06 with the same 2.5-8x Vari-X III that worked in all of its previous hunts. No worries here.

As long as they meet your requirements that's great. Use them and enjoy them.

For some folks "hundreds down the bores" is something that's done in a single shooting session with dialing adjustments for range between groups of shots at different distances. The differences show up here.

That's so true. Expectations definitely differ. Usually based on use, and sometimes skill levels. There are guys posting in this thread who, in addition to hunting, shoot competitive rifle disciplines, and at least several thousand rounds of CF a year. Plus RF. Guys who can regularly shoot below 1/2 MOA... can pick up on failing equipment, or problems with their own shooting fundamentals, and take steps to correct the problems. Other guys may not notice the same type of failing, for years. Or ever. And that's one of the shortcomings of opinions on the Internet- it's not always easy to tell what a commenters experience level is, but everyone gets to post theirs.

It's all good. Guys should use what makes them happy. Life is short.

Last edited by Wrongside; 06/09/21.

Originally Posted by Llama_Bob
I've seen more well-shot game lost with TSXs than any other premium bullet.