Originally Posted by Willto
Your annual round count per rifle may explain the lack of failures to hold zero (assuming your rifles are treated nicely and not banged around); 80 rounds is less than some people put through a rifle in half a day.

Which leads us down the rabbit hole of knob twisters trying to claim that only they can be the judge of a scopes worth because they shoot more. Well sorry but no. If a scope lasts me my whole life given the level of use I put it through then it was a good scope for me. And while 80 rounds a year may not seem like much to some I'd wager it's more than most hunting scopes on the average hunters rifle endure on a yearly basis. I have also had some of those scopes for over 20 years mounted on several different rifles over that time frame and they are still fine. At what point do I reach the threshold that I can officially label a scope as OK? Got a cumulative round count you can throw at us? In the interest of full disclosure I don't tie a rope to my scoped rifles and drag them up and down mountain trails behind a horse either. Nor do I let children throw them all around the front yard. Why hell I don't even lay them in a creek and take photos of them. To some I guess that would make me unworthy to speak on the subject. But then again maybe it's why my scopes don't chit the bed all the time.

All scopes are mechanically flawless when they do nothing but collect dust in the safe.

Nobody said anything about being qualified to judge a scope’s worth. Nor did I say that your scopes aren’t good enough for your uses (or lack of use). I simply said/implied that a low round count and gentle treatment may be why someone experiences less failures than another person that uses the same model scope for a lot more shooting and/or rough use.