Originally Posted by KenMi
Originally Posted by JoeBob
I didn’t even like Leupolds that much until they became damned near the only game in town when it comes to a reasonably light and trim scope. I don’t dial and I will never have any use for it hunting on my property. I doubt there is one single place where I can see even 300 yards. Pine plantations and pin oak flats just don’t require any dialing.

Exactly. And that is what pisses off the haters. They look good and they work.
The tacticool gang can have their ugly scopes on riser mounts and brag about their 1000 yard setup that most likely will get used at 10% of that range.

I'm sorry but you are mentally insane. I would never ask anybody to shoot any further than they feel comfortable with. If I'm hunting with my 45-70, and I've taken much game with one, 150 yds is a long shot. So when I carry the 45-70, I hunt in area's that ensure success within the envelope of that's cartridge's limitations. When I'm hunting with a 21" Light Palma Barreled 260 Rem, shooting a 129 Grain Nosler LR Accubond at 2800 FPS, I'll hunt in areas best suited to it's virtues. Which is longer ranges. But if I decide to hunker into a blowdown with it, and take what comes at close range, it will work just fine, thank you.

Do you not do the same?? If you never hunt any where you can shoot further than say 300 yds, how do you know what is and what is not possible?? Why mock that which you clearly cannot do, and no desire to learn to do so. I do not mock you for your limitations. You are what you are, no more, no less.

I hunt woods, swamps and thickets. I've taken way more game under 200 yds, then over 200 yds. But I also hunt power line right of ways, farmers fields, recently logged over woodlots, all which can provide an opportunity for some longer range shooting. Does that mean if a deer walks out at 75 yds, I'll pass on it to wait for a longer shot?? Not in your life.

Even I have limit of no more than 500 yds. and maybe less depending on conditions, wind, rain, mist, fog, snow, mirage, et al. I can shoot and hit much further, but %'s decline, and bullets fail to open if you stretch out too far. Hitting an animal at range is not that hard, but killing it can be problematical, and I like the odds to be in my favor. Do you do not the same, at whatever ranges you like to hunt at??

I don't brag about my rifles, I don't post endless pictures, and and I don't mock others equipment. So why mock me and mine??

I'll tell you what rifles I shoot, what loads I use, and what equipment I favor and why. But I don't ask you carry, use or buy the same.

Again, I don't hate users of Leupold scopes, I just dislike the company, for reasons I already stated above. They produce nothing of value TO ME. If they produce value for you, then go on, and do you thing. And I'll quietly do mine.

Last edited by Shadow; 07/16/21. Reason: clarity