Originally Posted by Springcove
Originally Posted by DingoDuk
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
For the record I own exactly one Leupold and it has performed flawlessly. I do not dial. It sits atop my Kimber Montana in 280ai.

Again I will ask. If Leupold sucks as bad as some of you say then why do they sell like hot cakes in the classifieds? Not just campfire classifieds but all classifieds.

Blister-pack Tasco and Simmons scopes also sell like hot cakes, so I'm not sure what your point is.

No point. Like I said I own one ☝🏻. They must be doing something right or they wouldn’t sell the way they do. Obviously a few have had issues with them but many have not. I will say I know someone personally that shoots long range and uses Leupold. I have shot his customer rifle and it shot without issue and returned to zero every time. I neither was a 6.5-284. He also uses Nighforce. I am in the market for a scope that dials and am trying to get as much information as possible before I make said purchase. That’s all.

As mentioned with my blister-pack scope example, selling well doesn't mean that the scope is good or that it mechanically works correctly. It means that it's got a value proposition that is acceptable to many people. Among the shooters that dial a lot, my perception and experience is that of those that use Leupolds, most of them eventually have problems, and it usually doesn't take all that much shooting before those problems manifest themselves. My experience has been that Leupold scopes hold zero better than they track and RTZ, but there are scopes that do both tasks better.

If you're specifically looking for a scope to dial with, there are definitely better options than Leupold, as a general principle.

Jordan I appreciate the feed back. This is all new to me. Leupold is just one option because I have shot it. Also Nightforce. If you have scopes you would recommend I would gladly look at them. Feel free to send them in a PM as I’m not looking to turn this into a pissing march.

The NXS 3.5-15x50 is the best in the NXS lineup by a good margin. Starting there would end your search.

Thanks Dingo. I will keep that in mind… Will go to Scheels and take a look.

Take a look at some of them buttstock shell holders too. From the looks of it, you'll need them.