Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Originally Posted by JoeBob
I think Willto is saying that Leupold is a perfectly acceptable to very good HUNTING scope. He isn’t concerned that there are scopes better suited to high round counts and competitions. It’s impossible to build something that is perfect for every use.

Understood, but I'm not talking about competitions as the destination. More of a means to an end. A high round count is very useful to hunters, target shooters, and competitors, alike. When did we stop suggesting that hunters should practice their marksmanship as much as possible in the off-season in order to increase and confirm proficiency in the hunting fields?

Jordan, how much practice do I need to hit a deer in the chest at less than 200 yards using a rest? I envy the kind of hunting you get to do. If I got to do the kind of hunting that you do, I'd practice much more than I do. Have you ever stand hunted the deep woods of the US south? It doesn't take a lot of skill to connect with the shots we most often take. It does take a good low light scope. Eye relief is often important in that deer may be directly behind the climbing stand we are sitting in and we may not be able to get the ideal position we'd like.