Originally Posted by JoeBob
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Originally Posted by JoeBob
I think Willto is saying that Leupold is a perfectly acceptable to very good HUNTING scope. He isn’t concerned that there are scopes better suited to high round counts and competitions. It’s impossible to build something that is perfect for every use.

Understood, but I'm not talking about competitions as the destination. More of a means to an end. A high round count is very useful to hunters, target shooters, and competitors, alike. When did we stop suggesting that hunters should practice their marksmanship as much as possible in the off-season in order to increase and confirm proficiency in the hunting fields?

Well, that begs the question. What is a high round count? One could shoot five hundred rounds a year for ten years to get to 5,000 rounds that a competitive shooter shoots in a few months. Will it hold zero with that many rounds?
I went to the State Championship in 4 position small bore competition 3 times on 250 rds. a week practice. I placed in the top 3 each time and took high individual my third year. In my first year I set a new record for the highest score ever shot by a first year competitor. If you shoot that much or more and still aren't a top level competitor in your chosen discipline then I'd say shooting just isn't your bag. Maybe take up golf or tiddly winks and quit wasting your time and money on rifles and ammunition .