Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith

Yeah, I'm no hater.

Oh, no, of course not.That's why you are posting as prolifically as you are in a Leupold hate thread.

Don’t confuse me enjoying discussing scope function with me hating a particular brand.

Though in addition to the mechanical issues, I’m also not much of a fan of the direction in which Leupold’s corporate governance has taken it.

I don't mind a little imprecision in adjustment on my inexpensive scopes. After seeing Leupold come in here on their live stream and say what they said, I don't think I'll ever buy more than their base models. A VX-5HD 3-15x44 Firedot is exactly what I want in spec. I have come so close to buying one several times, but the information I have absorbed on the internet has given me pause. Unfortunately, there is nothing else out there that competes with that model.

Well Paul, I can tell you my three VX-5HD 3-15x44 Firedots are working great for me. I think you would like them. No issues except for the pitiful wide duplex that I can live with because of the lit dot.
I use these for hunting, because of the features and lighter weight, very few scopes have this combination. I don't need my scopes to pound tent stakes. Or anchor a ship. I don't blast away with my hunting rifles all year long. I've done my load development and they shoot with very good accuracy. Before the season I check them to my satisfation and run them well past what I would shoot at live game in the field. I see no reason to subject them to any unnecessary recoil all year long. Would they hold up to 10,000 rounds like all these naysayers shoot? Don't know, don't care.

Much to the dismay of the haters, these are working well for what I use them for.
If they did not, they would be tripped.