Originally Posted by 10Glocks
Originally Posted by Mach3
One thing I hate about Leupold is how EVERYTHING they are putting out lately has the overrated CDS dials on them. I personally don't need the extra/added cost stuff on a hunting scope. I know of a few other people who feel this way as well.

It's a pain in the ass initially because it comes set to zero and if you need any -elevation at initial sight in, you have to take the cap off and reposition it so you can come down. Then when you're zeroed you have to take it off again and position it to zero. I just do that and leave it alone. Otherwise, it adjusts nicely with good solid clicks.

I understand the concept, but I guess the way I zero my hunting rifles is different than many other people. The 25 yard zero theory has ALWAYS worked for me no matter the caliber. I would bet that most hunters don't understand or know about this.

Has anyone ever asked someone with the CDS dials if they have time to range a deer, switch to your rifle, dial for the correct yardage, and make a good shot at a fast moving or running deer?