Originally Posted by Shadow
You obvious don't know that PRS competitions as they are now called are shot at targets as close as 7 yds at 1/4" target dot, (to test your ability to manage scope offset) out to 1,000 yds, and at all ranges in between, from prone, siting, kneeling, standing, off hand, from barricades, simulated roof tops, walls, back of a pickup truck, with sling, et al. I shot these and more over the last 12 years.

Cold bore, first shot in morning, without warm-up shots or sighter's, at unknown range without the use of a laser rangefinder are by far the hardest of the shots. Much like hunting, BTW.

If you hunt with a 3-9x40mm Leupold, my 3-15x50mm Steiner is heavier, as is my Bushnell LRHS 3-12x44mm, but no bigger. And my 3x works as good as yours, and I have illumination on most of my scopes (but not all) if I need it and most of you pilgrims do not. I've taken plenty of game at 3x at close ranges, and moving, have you?? I don't own a scope that doesn't have a 3x in the bottom number, so I'm more than OK at 75 yds. The biggest scope I own is 3-18x50mm, I use that one at all ranges, up to 1200 yds.

I think my 1-6x24mm is even smaller, and I prefer it for anticipated close shots, and I also find that scope adequate if I HAD to take a shot up to 300 yds or so in daylight.

So what other things would you like to dead wrong about now JoeBob ??

Most people who talk as much as you aren’t worth a schit. But by all means congratulations on your alleged skills.