Originally Posted by Willto
Originally Posted by MallardAddict
Originally Posted by Willto
Your opinion and used toilet paper are on about the same level of worth.

The difference between my opinion and yours is that I actually own and use both Leupold and Alpha level glass where as you just make halfassed guesses.

I own many scopes. Even some I paid too much for (Swaro Z-6). But what I have learned is that where I hunt for my circumstances there isn't a damn thing I can do with a 2000 dollar scope that I can't do with a 700 dollar one. Nothing! So why drop the extra cash? And the answer is that there is just no reason to do it.

There is several reason why alpha glass is better for what you do which have been clearly discussed ad naiseum here. You just choose to deny the facts that have been posted.

I have yet to see anyone use alpha glass and not admit it was indeed better then the mid level scopes they had on their rifles. I’ve also yet to see someone buy alpha glass and not comment about what they are missing when they get behind lesser glass.

Sure that level of clarity, adjustment , durability etc may not be needed but it’s still factually better despite your repeated claims it isn’t.

No one here ever even claimed you NEEDED alpha for the way you hunt but the fact it is indeed better in all ways then the examples you gave is still a fact. It’s up to each hunter how they spend their money and some of us choose to spend good money on glass.