I am happy that it passed . It makes no sense to prohibit millions of acres of public land for private land owners. Also, I am surprised it is not legal to step over the corner. I am also surprised that if a land owner tried to stop a guy from corner crossing, the land owner likely would have to prove exactly where his corner is... In Wis. government corners are marked , even way back in the woods. However, some are so old they are believed to not be very accurate. I know of one that had a copper cap that is dated Dec. 6, 1941. After that day the copper caps stopped , likely from what happened the next day. Anyway, it would cost a fortune to prove exactly where the corners are, or does the government have steel corner pipes to show the exact corner? Also , I am sure some jack a$$ land owner will do all they can do to scare hunters away.. You know, flat tires, swearing, and likely follow them on to the public land in a form of hunter harassment. It's coming , a gun fight likely too. These ranchers see it as their land. I'm sure most are ok, but there will be a few.

Last edited by ihookem; 05/28/23.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23